- Cut thickness of material
- Cut width of material
- Coil material
- Apply adhesives
Gaskets for Indoor and Outdoor Lighting
Excelsior specializes in precision gaskets and seals for the lighting industry. We provide custom gaskets and seals for booth indoor and outdoor lighting applications and products such as flood lights, wall lights, ceiling lights, LED fixtures, architectural and landscape fixtures, fluorescents, and lamps. Excelsior works closely with lighting manufacturers nationwide to provide them with the most effective sealing solutions to meet their most demanding lighting applications.
Lighting enclosures are constantly exposed to varying climate conditions, which can impact the effectiveness of a product. Gasket and seals must have excellent compression set characteristics as well as long term resistance to the environment in order to effectively block unwanted pests, water, dirt and dust that can degrade the performance of a lighting.
The leading cause for lighting failures is the rapid change in external temperature that can cause pressure changes inside a lighting enclosure. If this pressure is not moderated, a vacuum effect can draw in contaminants and moisture, causing condensation and resulting in failure. Excelsior will partner with you to help choose the appropriate gasket or seal material for an effective lighting application that will meet your specifications and tolerance requirements.
For more information on custom lighting gaskets and seals, or to speak with one of Excelsior’s knowledgeable professionals, contact us at 815-987-2900.
Benefits of Excelsior lighting gaskets and seals:
- Enhance product performance
- Long term weather protection
- Reduce heat build up
- Extend product life
Get Started with Your Custom PartContact Us
Explore Our Capabilities
- Efficient in processing different materials.
- Can accommodate for long run times and large part sizes.
- Equipment also has milling capabilities.
- Manual presses
- Programmable travel head presses
- From roll or sheet stock
- Minimal set-up
- Large parts - 36" x 54"
- Low tool cost
- Cuts solid rubber and sponge rubber
- Allows for production of OD / ID parts
- Efficient and High-Speed
- Excellent alternative to molding.
- Ability to vulcanize extruded rubber.
- Ability to vulcanize sponge rubber profiles.
- Accurate to .00005"
- 27 x 27 bed
- Used for all first and last piece inspection