- Cut thickness of material
- Cut width of material
- Coil material
- Apply adhesives
Gasket Manufacturing Capabilities
At Excelsior we try to keep as much raw material converting and gasket manufacturing capability as possible in-house. This allows us to keep cost down, turn product around quickly, and be a 1-stop solution for a user's custom gasket manufacturing needs. Proper selection of the right process or combination of processes based on the material and part complexity enables the lowest cost highest quality result. This is a core competency at Excelsior.
We have the ability to kiss-cut a wide variety of parts and materials. Kiss-cutting provides a “peel and stick” part solution. This is accomplished by cutting through the material and PSA applied to the back of the material, but not the liner on the back of the PSA. In many cases we can re-wind the cut product and provide the parts on rolls. This is an excellent opportunity to gain efficiency in assembly operations.
- Efficient in processing different materials.
- Can accommodate for long run times and large part sizes.
- Equipment also has milling capabilities.
- Manual presses
- Programmable travel head presses
- From roll or sheet stock
- Minimal set-up
- Large parts - 36" x 54"
- Low tool cost
- Cuts solid rubber and sponge rubber
- Allows for production of OD / ID parts
- Efficient and High-Speed
- Excellent alternative to molding.
- Ability to vulcanize extruded rubber.
- Ability to vulcanize sponge rubber profiles.
- Accurate to .00005"
- 27 x 27 bed
- Used for all first and last piece inspection