- Cut thickness of material
- Cut width of material
- Coil material
- Apply adhesives
EPDM Gaskets & Materials
EPDM is a material that is most commonly known for its excellent resistance to ozone and sunlight. In addition to its UV resistance, it boasts resistance to certain chemicals and compatibility with water and steam – all at a moderate price. It should be noted that EPDM is not compatible with many oils, greases and solvents. However, if EPDM is peroxide cured, it can withstand higher temperatures (300F) and will be more resistant to certain chemicals.
EPDM Material Offerings
Excelsior carries EPDM in standard commercial grades as well as FDA and NSF-61 approved grades. The FDA grades are suitable for use around food while the NSF-61 grade is safe to use in contact with potable water.
The typical operating temperature range of EPDM is -40 - +225F.
Manufacturing with Excelsior
Excelsior manufactures EPDM rubber gaskets in a number of different ways including waterjet, flash-cut, lathe-cut and a number of die cutting methods. We can match the part design and quantity with the correct manufacturing process to yield the highest quality, lowest cost part possible. We can also apply pressure sensitive adhesive to this material.
Get Started with Your Custom PartContact Us
- Efficient in processing different materials.
- Can accommodate for long run times and large part sizes.
- Equipment also has milling capabilities.
- Manual presses
- Programmable travel head presses
- From roll or sheet stock
- Minimal set-up
- Large parts - 36" x 54"
- Low tool cost
- Cuts solid rubber and sponge rubber
- Allows for production of OD / ID parts
- Efficient and High-Speed
- Excellent alternative to molding.
- Ability to vulcanize extruded rubber.
- Ability to vulcanize sponge rubber profiles.
- Accurate to .00005"
- 27 x 27 bed
- Used for all first and last piece inspection