- Cut thickness of material
- Cut width of material
- Coil material
- Apply adhesives
Kiss-cutting is a process commonly used in gasket applications where a user desires a “peel and stick” solution. This is used when a pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) is applied to 1 side of the base material. In manufacturing, the part is cut through the base material and PSA, but not through the release liner of the PSA.
Excelsior provides kiss cutting services with the ability to kiss-cut a wide variety of materials in thicknesses ranging up to 1”. We routinely kiss-cut solid rubber, sponge rubber, felt, plastic film and foam.
If the base material comes in roll-form we can kiss cut the parts and re-roll the material. In this case the customer is provided a “roll” of parts where they can peel the part off the release liner and apply it in the application. If the base material comes in sheet-form, we can kiss cut "pads" containing multiple parts.
In addition, our kiss cutting services use a number of different manufacturing processes ranging from low volume to high volume.
Get Started with Your Custom PartContact Us
Explore More Capabilities
- Efficient in processing different materials.
- Can accommodate for long run times and large part sizes.
- Equipment also has milling capabilities.
- Manual presses
- Programmable travel head presses
- From roll or sheet stock
- Minimal set-up
- Large parts - 36" x 54"
- Low tool cost
- Cuts solid rubber and sponge rubber
- Allows for production of OD / ID parts
- Efficient and High-Speed
- Excellent alternative to molding.
- Ability to vulcanize extruded rubber.
- Ability to vulcanize sponge rubber profiles.
- Accurate to .00005"
- 27 x 27 bed
- Used for all first and last piece inspection