- Cut thickness of material
- Cut width of material
- Coil material
- Apply adhesives
Compressed Non-Asbestos Gaskets
There is a broad range of engineered materials used for gasketing that are referred to as compressed sheet or non-asbestos. Generally, these materials are made with certain fibers (ie Aramid fiber) and other fillers with a rubber binder. Users will choose a rubber binder suitable for their application.
Compressed sheet can also be made by adding a beater mix or beater addition. This addition is very specific to the application in which the material will be used. Beater mixes consist of chemicals, fibers, water, cellulose (paper) and other non-asbestos fillers.
Common examples of these materials:
- Garlock Blue-Gard 3000 series
- Durlon 8000 series
- Klingersil / Thermoseal
- Frenzelit - Novaplan, Novapress, Novatec, etc.
- Teadit NA series
- Interface / Armstrong – many products, including CS-301, N-8090, N-8092, TN-9001, PF4N, NV-565 and many others
Common benefits of these materials are:
- High performance with excellent torque retention
- Broad resistance to chemicals, oils, natural gas, water, steam, and other environmental factors.
- High operating temperature range of up to -100F and up to +800 F.
- Excellent sealability
We stock a number of these materials and can assist you in determining which product is most suitable for your application.
Get Started with Your Custom PartContact Us
- Efficient in processing different materials.
- Can accommodate for long run times and large part sizes.
- Equipment also has milling capabilities.
- Manual presses
- Programmable travel head presses
- From roll or sheet stock
- Minimal set-up
- Large parts - 36" x 54"
- Low tool cost
- Cuts solid rubber and sponge rubber
- Allows for production of OD / ID parts
- Efficient and High-Speed
- Excellent alternative to molding.
- Ability to vulcanize extruded rubber.
- Ability to vulcanize sponge rubber profiles.
- Accurate to .00005"
- 27 x 27 bed
- Used for all first and last piece inspection